Friday, July 8, 2011

Random Life Lessons

This was in my Facebook account under my notes from 2009. Enjoy!

Random Life Lessons from Laura Hilt.

1. Cellulite does not just appear dimple by dimple. You wake up one morning to find the collagen in your legs turned into a vacuum cleaner.

2. The secret to great skin is to stay out of the sun but yet tans look sexy. I am to embrace porcelain skin after years of tanning.

3. People who don’t think dogs prepare you for children never had my four dogs. They taught me patience, how to care for babies and the elderly, my furniture will always have dings, scratches, and teeth marks, and best of all my house will never be quiet.

4. You can’t fight gravity as you get older unless you have a great plastic surgeon. Never in my life did I think I would own control top panties like my mom and fall in love with Spanx.

5. Nothing is better than wine, popcorn, and a movie with my husband.

6. Seventeen is too young to decide what you want to do with the rest of your life. If I could go back in time I would not choose to be part of corporate America but would choose to help others.

7. People that bad mouth others do so out of their own insecurities. The only view of yourself that matters is your own. Never waste your time on rumors or hurtful comments from others.

8. Complimenting random strangers on their hair or a piece of clothing can put a great smile on their face. Never miss an opportunity to make someone’s day even if you don’t know them.

9. Life is not about waiting for things to happen; it is about getting of your butt and making great things happen.

10. Life is very short. Tell the ones close to you how much you love them because you never know when it will be the last time.

11. You can’t change how people act but you can change how you react to them.

12. The one thing people cannot take away from you is your education.

13. Nothing puts a smile on my husbands face more than a home cooked dinner.

14. The only cure for a hangover is to not drink so much the night before.

15. Southern people are not slow. They (we) take the time to enjoy life and realize how beautiful it is.

16. Road rage is not worth it.

17. The only thing in this world that will be excited to see you every time you walk in the door is your dog.

18. Bad things happen to people. Some worse than others. Rather than having a pity party use the experience to grow and learn from it. Courage happens when we pick ourselves back up and tackle the unknown.

19. An hourglass figure is far more attractive than skin and bones. Of course I say this since some how my ass seems to be related to Jennifer Lopez.

20. Every year I say I will not go shopping on Black Friday and yet every year some store has a too good to be true ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment