Friday, June 17, 2011

Updates

I have not been writing much lately. I know I am slacking. Things are just scary now at work and even more scary from a recent announcement today. Still nothing confirmed but will be soon. I still am doing my no spend challenge and but failed this weekend. I bought new running shorts and a cheap dress from Ross. I know I should have but it was probably my depressive state that drove me to do it. No more going forward....except for the $25 off I have at Ann Taylor Loft.

Last week Tony and I ate dinner at home Friday night. Our local Earth Fare has free wine testing every other Friday night on the patio with live music. We stopped off for the wine tasting after dinner and then headed out to a movie. With my Visa signature card we get one free movie ticket in June and July when we buy one. I talked Tony into seeing Bridesmaids. It was so funny.

Saturday I made steak, garlic and rosemary potatoes, and blueberry cheese cake cups. Earth Fare had their Fillet Mignon on sale 50% off. If you are not familiar with Earth Fare they are our local organic food store. This meat was fresh right from the butcher. Probably slaughtered the cow that morning. It is originally $25 a pound. This was a treat for me since I have not eaten red meat in probably six months. This steak really was the best we ever had. I went back Sunday to pick up six more cuts to freeze. I did not take pictures of the steak but did of the potatoes and cheese cake. I will add pictures later.

Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes
Ingredients:
About 2 pounds red potatoes
3 cloves are garlic crushed
2 tablespoons rosemary
Salt
Pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut the potatoes into quarters. Spray a 8 1/2 x 11 baking dish with cooking spray. Add potatoes. Stir in olive oil, garlic cloves, and rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. Check at the 45 minute mark by putting a fork into the potatoes. If it is soft they are done. Cook time will depend on how big your potatoes are.

Garlic Rosemary Potatoes
For the blueberry cheese cake cup cakes I used a recipe from Gina's Skinny Taste. She used Blackberries in her recipe but I love blueberries. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/lemon-cheesecake-yogurt-cups.html

Blueberry Cheese Cake Cups
Sunday I made the Ole Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas. Part of the reason why I have not been posting new recipes if I really like some of recent ones I tried out. This weekend I will be making the Greek Turkey burgers for my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment