Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Weekend

I have so much to write about but not a lot of time! I am very busy in my job and that is a good thing. Except today I was very overwhelmed. I have a lot to do before I take off on Friday. I had hardly any time to pee today let alone get all my work done.

Our Memorial weekend was very busy. Friday we were going to do dinner and a movie but Tony did not get home until around 7. He took his motorcycle to work and we had a bad storm. I made grilled chicken salads for us instead and we watched Blue Valentine through Netflix. It was an OK movie.

Saturday we went for a grill out at our friends parent's house. I really wanted to get in on the volley ball in the pool but the water was too cold for me. I will say I was happy to strut my stuff in my bikini since my skinny friends are pregnant. This will be the only time my waist is smaller than theirs and they have the excuse of being pregnant. I will take it though.

Sunday we did a day trip to Carolina Beach. Just after we left our house we were almost hit by a drunk driver that flew into our lane. Tony had to go onto an off ramp to avoid him. We were probably only inches away from colliding. The drunk driver then almost hit two other cars. It was so scary. I am glad Tony was alert or he would have not seen them coming. The beach was pretty packed as we had expected. The water was a little cool but did feel good once you got in. I did a really bad job at applying sun block so I have burnt patches all over.


Monday we took the Harley to a park in Apex for a picnic. I prepared bruchetta, cheese and crackers, Greek olives, grapes, nuts, and wine. It was a great idea but it ended up being about 98 degrees out. There were ticks all over our blanket. I saw more ticks that day than in the 6 years I have been in NC. Once we got home I was so hot I stripped down to nothing and laid under our fan. I was on the verge of heat stroke and started getting nauseated. It was not fun. No more bike rides for me in the heat. The rest of the day Tony and I relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment