Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thank You Genetics

Yesterday I had my yearly physical done. The last six months I really have been eating healthy. I always have my fruits and vegetables but this go around I started cutting out more processed foods and about a year ago really stopped eating red meat except for the rare occasion. Last year my cholesterol was 298 and that was without fasting. So this year I really was hoping for under 250 with my diet changes and since I was fasting. I also had not eaten meat in two days. High cholesterol is in both sides of my family. Both my grandmothers had bypass surgery, my grandpa died at 61 from a heart attack and most of my relatives have high cholesterol. The results came back the same day. Total cholesterol….272. Well since there really is nothing more I can do to change my diet and exercise I enjoyed a nice juicy steak for dinner. Cheers to genetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment