Monday, May 9, 2011

Earning Some Extra Cash

I finally had my garage sale this past weekend. It was a little slow compared to previous years because the million dollar homes not far from where I live had a huge sale going on as well. I still made $250 that will be used towards our vacation in Aruba. I may hold another one next month for the rest of my stuff since there was not that great of a turn out this year.

I did some more negotiating with my bills. My promotion I had with my phone service through Time Warner was up so my bill jumped up $15 a month. I called them and was able to get under a new promotion for my internet service so that dropped my bill $20 a month for a year. I still may call DirecTV and see where I can cut back as well. In the summer Tony and I do not watch much TV so it does not make sense to pay $100 a month for something we hardly use.

My friend Elissa got together with her coworkers and placed a Tastefully Simple order. I am so thankful she did that for me. I have another party in a little less than two weeks and am hoping for good sales. Tony and I need all the extra cash we can earn for our wedding vow renewal. Yes! I just announced it. Tony and I decided to renew our wedding vows in Aruba on the beach. It does come with a hefty price tag since there is not a lot of competition on a small island. We were originally looking for a photographer but with how much the photographer costs we decide why not just do the vow renewal. It is our 10 year anniversary so we want to do it up right. This does mean we have to put off some other projects around the house. The covered patio we were planning on finishing this year probably will not happen until late fall or spring next year now. We do have some of the material bought already but it will have to sit there until we can afford to do the roof right.

No comments:

Post a Comment