Friday, May 13, 2011

Vow Renewal Plans

Our vow renewal plans are coming around. I reserved the date with the coordinator in Aruba. It feels like Tony and I are planning our wedding as if we were getting married today. Just the way we would do it – alone on the beach. The part I am excited about the most is the pictures that will be taken. The photographer we had at our wedding 10 years ago was so out of touch with the latest technology. Everyone is so stiff in our pictures and every photo is taken like a portrait.

My dress came in earlier this week. It fits perfect. Maybe a little snug in the chest but am sure if I drop another two or three pounds it will fit even better. I found my shoes from Macy’s. I bought ivory wedge sandals. I was afraid nice flip flops still would not look good with my dress and I cannot do heals on the beach. Thought about the barefoot idea but the sand will probably be steaming.

We are going to have the vow renewal ceremony just before sunset. It will make for some beautiful pictures. We get a hours worth of photography in our package. After the pictures and ceremony are over with we are getting dropped off at a restaurant near our hotel. They have tables right on the beach. Not talking about deck seating. Our feet will actually be in the sand.

It is going to be so hard not to get tan lines before our vow renewal. We arrive on Monday and our ceremony is on Thursday. I am sure we are going to have a lot of beach and snorkel time in before Thursday. I found a cheap strapless bikini through Victoria’s Secret but it will only be good for tanning on the beach. If I snorkel in that people probably will get a show when the top comes down. I can just see Tony waiting for that to happen with our underwater camera. We also decided we should probably buy our own snorkel gear. We love snorkeling. What the hotel charge for a day rental is what it would cost for us to buy our own.

Yesterday I bought our first DSLR camera. It is a cheaper entry level DSLR camera for us. Our point and shoots work fine but it is going to be nice to have a great camera for portrait pictures and scenery. Our point and shoot is an underwater camera by Olympus. It takes amazing underwater pictures but really lacks quality of indoor photography. Also the water tends to leave spots on the lense.

Next item to buy is Tony’s pants and shirt for our vow renewal. I am thinking linen pants, a white shirt, and leather flip flops. We are going to go looking tonight after dinner.

I am so excited for our trip and now regret not making it longer. I do not think five days will be enough. Just will make us want to come back to the Caribbean soon…like that is really a bad thing. If Tony and I had the money and the balls I know we would move to an island. It just fits our laid back personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment