Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weight Loss Update

Lately I have been a bit scared to get on the scale. For over a month I have been at a plateau, hanging around 133 – 134. I just did not want to get on the scale for more disappointment. Yesterday I got on the scale and weighted in at 132.2. Yippy! Minus implants that is 128.2. I am only two pounds away from the weight I was at in Curacao last year. I would like to be that same weight when Tony and I are in Aruba. Only three more months to get there. The bigger challenge is making it 8 months on weight watchers. The longest I ever went on weight watchers straight is 5 months. That is where I am at right now. Normally I give up counting points and rely on myself to maintain my weight but after about 4 or 5 months a few pounds are back. Sometimes not a big deal, but those few pounds turning into 10 then 15 over a 9 months to a year. I do not want to go back to counting on my own and then come Aruba time I put on 5 pounds. Five pounds might not be a big deal for a lot of people but on my small frame it is for me. Five more pounds means larger butt dimples, thighs that rub together, a giggly stomach, no cheek bone definition…yes really all of that from just five pounds.

My knee has been feeling so great lately. There are still times it hurts when I really give it in karate. I am starting to think it is as good as it is going to get. I can no longer use my knee as an excuse any more in karate. My instructor is pushing my limits now so I get comfortable again. Hurts at the time but I know I will thank him later. I know I need to do a better job since I am going to have my black belt soon. Even with my knee problems I still need to perform like a solid black belt…not an injured one.

No comments:

Post a Comment