Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Learning to Forgive


We all have hard lessons to learn in life. One of the biggest lessons is learning how to forgive a person that hurt you and apologize for when you hurt them.

As some of you may recall the fight I had with my friend Tanya last June that ended pretty badly. We did not speak for months and around September she reached out to Tony through facebook since I blocked her. She apologized and I did not respond and she tried again in December. I responded but still not sure what to do. Fast forward to last month. I was looking through some pictures and came across some of Tanya and me when she visited. Since our fight I really missed emailing her, talking to her, everything. She was the first person I told practically everything to. I told Tony how much I missed her and he suggested I send her an email to see if she still wants to work it out. She did respond and does want to work it out. I was surprised since I ignored her other emails she would even still want to try to work it out.

We have been communicating through email the last two days. It is not like it used to be but we will get there someday. I plan on talking to her Wednesday night. We both said horrible things to each other we did not mean at the time and we both feel terribly bad. Admitting when I am wrong or when I go too far is not easy for me. I hope our conversation goes well tomorrow because I really miss my best friend. I really miss the one person I could tell everything to.

No comments:

Post a Comment