Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Surprise for Me

Tony had a nice surprise for me. Saturday morning he helped me clean and the said he would go grocery shopping with me. But before we left he said we had one stop to make at Macy’s to buy me a dress! I was surprised he read the blog post and so quickly wanted to buy me the dress. We went to Macy’s and unfortunately the dress was not what it looked like on line. I looked like a cow in it. Not form fitting at all. Tony did not want me to leave empty handed and we continued to look for a dress with no luck. I ended up going to practical route and bought a pair of dress pants, jeans, and a shirt on sale. With my weight loss jeans and dress pants are in high demand. The shirt was something Tony really liked and insisted I try it on. He loved it so we bought it. The total cost for the three items came to about what the dress would have cost. Not sure if this counts against my April no spend challenge but I know this was important for Tony to do for me. He really was surprised I did not pick out a different dress and went with practicality.

We really did have an amazing weekend together. Friday we ate at our favorite Asian restaurant and then went to Black Belt Friday at Karate International. It is a promotion ceremony for the black belts and a performance show. Really fun to watch. Hard to believe but the next one I may be performing in it as a black belt!

Saturday after we finished cleaning and shopping we spent the rest of the day just chilling around the house and watching our favorite show, Ghost Adventures. It was a very relaxing day together and definitely one we needed.

Sunday was our landscaping day. It was pretty nice outside. We planted a few more bushes and trees…like we really need any more. Our back yard really has to be one of the best in our neighborhood. We put in more Cyprus trees that will eventually grow and provide more privacy. The deer were also eating some of the bushes we planted in front of our fence so we replaced some of them with bushes they do not like. I can’t wait until our grass is green again.

No comments:

Post a Comment