Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Celebration

Friday we met up with Tony's cousin Paul and his wife Emi. We have not seen them since summer of 2008. It was nice to visit with them again. They live in Washington DC and were passing through.

Tony and I celebrated Easter on Saturday night with his Aunt, Uncle, and cousins. Tony's Aunt and Uncle are from Maine, one cousin lives in Charleston with her boyfriend, and the other cousin also lives in DC. I did not do a Easter style dinner. I made pulled pork, pasta salad, bread with dipping oil, and Hungry Girl's banana cream pie. The pie was really good for a low fat banana cream pie. It better have been good since I dropped the whisk on my toe and burned myself. Very nice blister!

Link to Banana Cream Pie: http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/1925

Sunday Tony and I relaxed around the house. He went for a ride with is friends during the day and I laid out hoping to get my first tan of the year. That plan was quickly interrupted by wasps flying every where. I hate those things! For whatever reason they love our hammock. I was out for an hour with SPF 4 on. No tan. Not even a dash of color on my porcelain skin. I should have stayed out another hour but I was so scared of burning. We took Sydney and Jack hiking at Eno River State Park. I would love to take Oscar with but he just cannot make those rigid hikes. Sydney barley can with her old age.

I did give in to my no spend challenge this weekend. I bought a $13 cardigan at BJ's. Not upset I did because that was on my list of things to buy next month since mine have holes about to be worn in the elbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment