Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Got a New Job!!!

Since losing my contract job in May 2010 things have been absolutely nuts for me. I took that crappy job at the first bank that offered me a position. That turned out to be hell. Then this February I thought I finally found the place I was going to be at for the rest of my career only for a few months later that bank to be bought out by another bank. Since the announcement of the sale I was made an Integration Project Manager, along with doing my other job. With how good work was to me during Tony's accident I decided to stay put and hope for the best. I really love what I have been doing and love the people at work.

A few weeks ago I received a phone call from a bank I interviewed at last July when I was unemployed. I interviewed for a sales position but really was not ready to move into sales. They needed a client service rep to support treasury. I decided to go on the interview, after all given the situation I am in it could not hurt. I was very impressed when I interviewed and to meet the needs of my background and requirements they changed the job to a team lead senior client service rep. I will finally be managing people. Two to three to start off with and then adding another three over the next year. This is a very great opportunity for me and I knew I could not turn it down.

Now actually deciding to leave where I work right now was extremely hard for me. When it came to having the conversation with my manager and his boss my stomach started getting sick. I turned down a pretty nice retention bonus to take this new job. However, my bosses boss said if he were in my position he would take the new job too. So last week I accepted. I lost a week of vacation and did not receive a pay increase but it is stability that I really need in this economy.  I start my new job on October 11. I hope this is the last stop I make for many, many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment