Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My First Earthqauke

Yesterday while I was at work the whole building started shaking. I had to grab onto my drink so it would not tip over. I sit on the 14th floor of one of the sky scrapers in downtown Raleigh. It was pretty scary not knowing what was going on. For a second I really thought there was something wrong with our building and it was going down. If the shaking had gone on for another few seconds I probably would have pissed myself. After the shaking was over with I realized it was an earthquake - in North Carolina! I am glad no one was harmed during this event. The earthquake happened in Virgina about 2.5 hours away. The earthquake in Virgina measured at a 5.8. One of my friends from Japan that has experienced many earthquakes estimates we felt around a 3.0 - 3.5. At least next time I feel an earthquake I will know what it is and not be scared the building is going down!

No comments:

Post a Comment