Sunday, August 28, 2011

10 Year Wedding Anniversary

Last Thursday was our 10 year wedding anniversary. It is a rare occasion when Tony gets me flowers. I prefer not to spend the money on it since we grow our own roses. I was surprised when there was a huge, beautiful bouquet of flowers sitting on my desk when I got back from a meeting. It had my favorite flowers in it - lilies and Gerber daisies.




We did not have our vow renewal on the beach in Aruba like originally planned but Tony is here and alive and that is what counts. We still wore the outfits we bought for our vow renewal out to dinner. After Tony's accident I emailed Bahama Breeze to see if they could help us out with reservation - They do not accept reservations. I told them what happened to Tony and that we were supposed to be in Aruba for our anniversary but a deer had different plans for us. The staff at Bahama Breeze was amazing. The head chef helped personally design a menu for me and Tony.


When we arrived on Thursday they had flowers on our table and a nice candle. Our personalized menus were on the table. They blocked off an entire section of the restaurant for us so we could have our private dinning. The food at Bahama Breeze is always amazing and so are the drinks! It was the perfect anniversary dinner.


After dinner we went home to relax for the evening. Tony also bought chocolates for after dinner. Not like we could fit anything else in! We normally do not get each other gifts on our anniversary since we take a trip. Tony felt bad this year for me since I had to take care of him after his accident that caused us to miss our Aruba trip and my birthday was spent in the hospital. Tony surprised me with spa treatments.







We went through our wedding photos and pictures from our first year of marriage. Wow does time go by fast. It was a lovely evening and I look forward to many anniversaries that have yet to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment