Monday, August 29, 2011

Die Cricket Die!

Saturday night a cricket started chirping outside of our master bathroom window. It was so hard to get to sleep. I went outside to try to find the little bastard with no success. I tried to ignore the sound and fall asleep. I shut the bathroom door hoping to drown the noise. No way he would still be in the same spot the following night.

Sunday night the bastard reappeared. You have to be kidding me. I managed fall asleep until he woke me up at midnight. I put a bathroom on, grabbed a flash light, and headed outside to kill the cricket. I grabbed a shovel and started moving the tall ornamental grass around in the landscape. Surely that little bastard would show himself. The chirping stopped when I was searching for him. Then I heard chirping in the back ground. He must be talking with another cricket in the distance. I felt defeated and headed back inside. I woke Tony up and he lay in bed laughing at the sound of me going to war with the cricket.

When I got back to the bedroom there he was again. Chirp, Chirp, Chirp. You have to be f*ck*ng kidding me. Tony suggested he probably is in the house. We opened up the lower half of our Jacuzzi tub. There he was. That little bastard. I wanted to kill him right there but instead turned the job over to Tony. I am not afraid to kill bugs but if I missed I would be mad at myself for letting him get away. If Tony missed then it is not my fault. My hero, hit and killed the cricket on the first try. Finally, peace and quiet. Back to sleep we went.


No comments:

Post a Comment