Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Messy House!

I can’t wait to get my house back in order. This place is such a disaster. Tony tore up the carpet in our bedroom and we found the worst cracks yet. I am glad we are getting all of this taken care of by the builder. We are sleeping upstairs in our spare bedroom for probably the next week and a half until our new floors are down. It is kind of fun to mix things up a bit in our house but long for the day my life is no longer tossed around.



I can tell the stress of all the things that need to get done is wearing at Tony. Probably more so since football is on. I help out as much as I can but the truth is this shit is a man’s job. I try to want to do everything and be strong woman but this shit is for the men. I was painting base board thinking to myself this would be a great thing to pay the neighbor kid to do. But I know Tony would refuse. Then I thought to myself this would be the perfect job to screw up so he never asks me to help out again. Score for the women. You all know what I am talking about. Men always purposely strew things up so we never ask them to help again. With how they do the laundry, the dishes, vacuum, you name it. Somewhere along the way your man purposely did something so horribly wrong for the purpose of you never asking him to do it again. As tempting as it was to do a crappy paint job on the base board I did not since I would be the one looking at it when it is all done. Although the thought did put a smile on my face.



Tony painted our living room and dining room brown from the green we had. I am not sure I like it. Our furniture is brown, floor is brown, rugs are brown, and the last thing we need is more brown. When I told Tony I do not think our pictures will match he replies with “We can go to Kirkland’s and pick up some new pictures. They have a lot of those with brown tones.” My response: “Just what we need is more brown.” Our plan is to put chair rail up and paint the bottom part white but in the meantime I am not going to like it very much. Especially if we put our pictures down there and they clash horribly. Last thing I want to spend money on right now is new pictures. I do like the color but not sure it is right for our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment