Tuesday, April 3, 2012

We're Adopting....a dog :)

Jack has been terribly sad since loosing Sydney. Tony and I decided to adopt another dog for him. Right now we are working with a local German Shepherd rescue group to find him the perfect girlfriend. I never worked with a rescue group before. It is a bit more than adopting from a shelter but we are going to make sure we get the perfect fit for our home. Since Jack has aggression issues with other dogs when I am around it makes perfect sense to work with a rescue group that also has dog trainers that volunteer too. Right now we still are in the application phase. Next is the home visit. The process can take a few weeks to a few months until the perfect dog is found. I am extremely excited to get him a new girlfriend. I still miss Sydney dearly but we are saving another life in her honor.

I never fully understood what the appeal was to German Shepherds until we adopted Jack. They are so incredible intelligent and trainable. I think Tony and I will always own them going forward.

On a funny note Tony taught Jack how to howl like a wolf. It is freaken hysterical. I will post a video one of these days. Extremely funny when he gets his snout in the air to howl and nothing comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment