Thursday, May 31, 2012

Savannah

Tony and I did still take our trip to Savannah since we already paid for a night at the bed and breakfast. This was our first time ever staying at a bed and breakfast and we really enjoyed it. The food was amazing. 


Our in keeper baked fresh pasties and delivered three different types to the room the night before. Most of them did not make it until breakfast. In the evenings she made appetizers and served drinks. We stayed at the Zeigler House Inn off of Jones Street. The location was perfect. I highly recommend staying here.


Tony and I took a dinner cruise. We see them all the time in coastal cities we visit so we decided to give it a try. Price was $50 a person and that did not include drinks. The food was catered by Paula Dean's catering company. My review....This blew and was a total waste of money. The food was awful. It was served buffet style and as soon as everyone went through one time they started pulling the buffet down. The meat was dry and their side items were nothing special or good. The dinner cruise went back and forth on the shoreline. For two hours we had the same scenery over, and over again. Part of that scenery being an ugly shipping port. We did meet some nice people on the cruise and the band they had was pretty good.


After our horrible dinner we went to The Pink House which is known to be haunted. We had drinks in the basement. I wish we would have skipped the dinner cruise and had a nice dinner at The Pink House. I asked the bartender where the bathroom is and he informed me the women's bathroom is haunted. Still not thinking much of it I went along my business and was disappointed nothing happened to me in the bathroom. The second time I had to go there were two other women in there and only one stall. The one lady looked at me and asked if I knew the bathroom is haunted. I replied, "yes, but I was in here earlier and nothing happened to me." I am NOT kidding when I say right after I said that the door handle on the women's bathroom started shaking and the door was pulling. The lady opened the door and there was no one on the other side. She was pretty spooked. Finally my turn to use the bathroom and they asked me if I wanted them to wait for me. I said , no I will be fine. When I returned back to my bar stool the bartender said to me the women came out with spooked looks on their faces and knew something happened. My response, "that was awesome!" Only I would think an encounter with a ghost was awesome. I researched the history behind the haunting of the women's bathroom at The Pink House and it turns out the ghosts of children try to lock the women in the bathroom as a game. The bathroom used to be one person at a time but they had to put a door up in front of the toilet and take the lock of the door to get in because so many women were ending up locked in the bathroom. Even though the lock is gone the ghosts still try.


Here are some pictures from our trip.


Scary Statue of Marilyn Monroe - I grabbed her ass in front
of a lot of people.

Picture on the front porch of the Inn

The famous Savannah Water Fountain

There were two guys singing to me "She's Some Kind of Wonderful".
It was rememberable yet embarrassing at the same time.

Love this fountain. It is in one of the squares.
On board the dinner cruise. That is the only scenery we saw the whole night.

That band aid is covering another dysplastic mole that was found on Tony.
Our dreams of living in the Caribbean are being wilted by skin cancer.





No comments:

Post a Comment