Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes

I found this recipe in Martha Stewart's cooking magazine. I served Christmas Day with the Honey Glazed Ham (see main course tab), stuffing, and other items my guests brought. To my surprise this was so good. I knew the recipe could go either way since it has goat cheese in it. I love goat cheese but it also can be too much of a good thing. I topped my potatoes with Cinnamon.

Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients
5 sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
4 oz goat cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 tablespoons chopped chives (I used parsley)
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup bread crumbs

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375. Prick potatoes with a fork. Place on a large sheet of foil on a baking sheet. Bake until tender. About 1 hour. Let potatoes cool.

2. Halve sweet potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out potatoes from flesh and place in a mixing bowl. Arrange skins on a single layer on the baking sheet. Add goat cheese, butter, salt, and pepper to mixing bowl. Mix on medium high speed for about three minutes. Add chives and then mix again for about a minute. Scoop potato mixture back into the shells. Discard any remaining shells. Top with bread crumbs and chopped pecans. Bake for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment